We believe that art is an experiential and aesthetic investment in oneself and one’s community.
- We are teaming up with Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) in support of their new MA program in critical theory and creative research. This year we provided sponsorship for the 2012 Hannah Arendt Prize in critical theory and creative research. Stay tuned for updates on our ongoing partnership and collaboration with PNCA.
Word & Hand High School Arts Collaborative (Sep. 2012)
- The WTCF seeks to develop a curriculum for high school juniors and seniors that fosters collaboration between writers and visual artists following a model developed in 2000 in Portland Or. The Word and Hand collaboration culminates in an exhibit and catalog. Contact us for further information.
ACE event- Annual Arts Collaborative Event with Show
- Once a year we gather together a small group of elite artists working in different media for a collaborative arts event. At the culmination of this event we hold a celebration and fundraiser show. Contact us to be added to the mailing list for the ACE event.
- Education grants- Each year through a grant we support one arts education program that is recognized for doing outstanding work above and beyond.
- Seed grant- We offer small grants or “seed grants” to participate in our ACE event.
- We support artists who fit our mission by becoming a non-profit umbrella for them. Artists or arts educators can apply to become affiliated with or a program of the Colville Foundation and in turn have the benefit of non-profit status when applying for grants or receiving donations. Contact us for more info.
We support artists and arts educators of all ages, backgrounds, and covering all media. We have a special affinity for those pushing arts boundaries and participating in the evolution of art. If you have an idea or collaboration you think we’d like, send us an email.